Here is a map showing the locations for parking, finish/5K start, and awards ceremony. Note that the high school track is being reconstructed and we had to move the finish line back about 200 meters. On a positive note, we will be opening up the high school gym to allow spectators and athletes to get out of the sun or rain, depending on the weather.
4 p.m. - 7 p.m. Tempe packet pick-up at Tempe Town Lake Roadrunner Sports
4 p.m. - 10 p.m. Race site packet pick-up & registration at the BRHS Boardroom (will have signs directing you to proper location)
Training for your first half-marathon? Check out some of these great training programs we found for you:
- Hal Higdon - Great no-frills plan for first timers. Should be able to run at least 3 miles comfortably.
- Competitor Magazine - Plan for more intermediate runners with prior experience. Should be able to run at least 6 miles comfortably.
- Furman Institute - Another solid plan for intermediate runners. Should be able to run at least 6 miles comfortably.
5K Training Plans:
- New to running - Great for people who want to ease into running
- Beginner - 5 week plan for people beginning runners
- Intermediate - Can already run 1.5 miles comfortably but need a schedule to follow
- Experienced - Have run multiple 5K's and are going for a personal record
The half-marathon course will be closed to vehicles until 10 a.m. Barricades will be removed at the time. The course will remain open to walkers, but they must remain on the side of the road. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Awards (Half marathon and 5K)
Awards for the top 3 overall and the top 3 athletes in each age group (12 and under, 12-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 34-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and up).
Aid Stations (Half Marathon)
There will be aid stations every two miles on the half marathon course. Each aid station will have a porta-john, water, gatorade, and fruit. Please notify race directors if an athlete has any special medical needs.
Gear Drop Off (Half Marathon)
Drop off your pre/post-race clothing at the gear check-in located at the starting line. Athletes will receive a bag with their race bib number. Athletes can reclaim their gear bag after their race in the finisher's circle.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash, or jewelry in your gear bag. Race personnel are not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the finish line at 11 a.m.
A "sag wagon" shuttle will follow behind the last runner on the course. Medical professionals will be available on the course for athletes in need of assistance. Please see aid station or sag wagon volunteers if in need of assistance.
The "finisher circle" area is for athletes only after they have crossed the line. Participants will have their choice of water, gatorade, chocolate milk, fruit, bagels, and other food items. We will also plan to have a photographer taking pictures of finishers, which will be placed on our Facebook page for all participants.